Q&A and notes and stuff
I am out of Magicka, HELP!
You should pretty much never be out of magicka. If you are – use channeled focus and heavy attack. If you have all 3x regen glyphs and one of them infused, it shouldn’t be possible to run out of magicka.
I put most of my attribute points into magicka, while making sure i have around 17-18k health without ebon. That seems to work for most situations and trial scenarios.
Atronach or Ritual – I prefer ritual personally. You can start out running Atronach and when you become more comfortable with your magicka use/regen, switch to Ritual since it provides a stronger heal.
Your character’s race is kind of important in ESO. Even as a healer. At the moment the three most optimal races for healing are Breton, Argonian and High Elf.
- Witchmother’s or Clockwork Citrus Filet are BiS for healing with this particular setup. You can also run Bi-food if you are very comfortable with your resources.
Potions: Spellpower potions. Use on cooldown pretty much. In some trials you might want to use tri-pots especially if you are running POTL.
- Be a vampire. That magicka regen is sweet and the damage you gain from being a vamp doesn’t matter in most cases since you can outheal it. If absolutely needed, use the Bloody Mara food and go down to stage 3.
- There is a great addon called JoFrames which helps to see everyones shields/regen/health.
- Purge Tracker addon is useful to have in many of the trials.
- Make sure you have BOTH Magicka aid passives unlocked from Alliance war support skill line. That helps, a lot.
- I use Untaunted addon to track my ele drain/vulnerability uptimes. Its really nice.