Congrats! You’ve hit level 45 and are now eligible to do these “pledge” things people keep talking about in guild chat. Pledges are the set of daily dungeon quests given by Maj al-Ragath, Glirion the Redbeard, and Urglag Chief-Bane at the Undaunted Enclaves in Elden Root, Mournhold, or Wayrest. From level 45 until cp160, I recommend doing the pledges on normal; at CP160, which is the gear cap, you can start attempting the pledges on veteran mode.
Pledges award 1-2 keys that are used to unlock chests containing shoulders from monster sets (two-piece sets that have unique set bonuses, and will always be a shoulder and helm piece). In addition, you receive Undaunted XP and a transmutation geode. Doing the pledges on normal or veteran non-hardmode will award one key; completing the pledges on veteran hard mode will award two keys. Save your keys until CP160 as you will need to sacrifice them to the RNG box that are the Undaunted Chests.
Maj distributes the following dungeons as pledges and as such, the shoulder pieces of the corresponding sets can be found in her chest
- Spindleclutch I (Swarm Mother)
- Spindleclutch II (Bloodspawn)
- Wayrest Sewers I (Slimecraw)
- Wayrest Sewers II (Scourge Harvester)
- Fungal Grotto I (Kr’agh)
- Fungal Grotto II (Spawn of Mephala)
- Darkshade Caverns I (Sentinel of Rkugamz)
- Darkshade Caverns II (Engine Guardian)
- Banished Cells I (Shadowrend)
- Banished Cells II (Maw of the Infernal)
- Elden Hollow I (Chokethorn)
- Elden Hollow II (Bodgan the Nightflame)
Glirion distributes the following dungeons as pledges and therefore his chests contains the corresponding shoulder pieces:
- Crypt of Hearts I (Ilambris)
- Crypt of Hearts II (Nerien’eth)
- Volenfell (Tremorscale)
- Blackheart Haven (Pirate Skeleton)
- Arx Corinium (Sellistrix)
- Direfrost Keep (Iceheart)
- Blessed Crucible (Troll King)
- City of Ash I (Infernal Guardian)
- City of Ash II (Valkyn Skoria)
- Tempest Island (Stormfist)
- Selene’s Web (Selene)
Urglag is the pledge-giver for DLC dungeons and has the following shoulder pieces in her chest:
- White Gold Tower (Molag Kena)
- Imperial City Prison (Lord Warden)
- Cradle of Shadows (Velidreth)
- Ruins of Mazzatun (Mighty Chudan)
- Falkreath Hold (Domihaus)
- Bloodroot Forge (Earthgore)
- Fang Lair (Thurvokun)
- March of Sacrifice (Balorgh)
- Moon Hunter Keep (Vykosa)
- Scalecaller Peak (Zaan)
For MOST dungeons, activating hard mode simply requires reading a scroll that will up the boss’s health and make certain mechanics move faster. For the following few, however, the hard mode is different:
Banished Cells II
- Hard mode is keeping 3 Daedroth alive until High Kinlord Rilis is dead. For this, the tank should start kiting away the Daedroth at 50% of the boss’s health (or lower, dependent on DPS) and the DPS and healer focus on Rilis. Make sure that you are still killing the healing orbs that appear so the tank doesn’t have to kite forever!
- Hard mode here is keeping all the victims of Vorenor Winterborne (on the crosses around the boss room) alive until the end of the fight. Winterborne will siphon off of them and restore health to himself periodically throughout the fight. There are two ways you can position the boss to avoid AOE hitting the victims:
- Right where he spawns – stay close so the healer can keep everyone alive during his jump phase
- At the ramp leading into the room – fight in a line with the healer in the back and the tank in the front.
- Avoid tab targeting the victims and you should be fine as long as your positioning has the boss away from the crosses.
Fungal Grotto II
- Hard mode in this dungeon is avoiding entering the aura (bubble) coming from the husk you place at the start of the fight. This requires watching where you are going and being near your healer so they can keep you alive during Vila’s DoT that she applies after teleports. Make sure you don’t stand in the AoEs on the ground! DPS should have shields or blade cloak/vigor during this fight.
Darkshade Caverns II
- Hard mode in this dungeon is not using the levers to shut off the Engine Guardian’s poison during that phase of the fight. Healers should slot Barrier or Light’s Champion for this fight and DPS should have a shield or vigor/blade cloak. As long as you stay grouped and near the healer and tank you will be fine.
- Optional – tank can also run Barrier or Magma Shell during this fight.