Alternate Gear options
Like most magicka classes, there are a plethora of options when it comes to gear setups you can use. Here are the most common that I use:
- Spell Strat/Mother’s Sorrow/Ilambris or Zaan
- Spell Strat/Moondancer/Ilambris or Zaan (For long boss fights where you can’t trust supports to provide orbs)
- Ilambris is used when you are further back and moving out of range. Zaan can be used in stack and burn fights or where you are in melee range. If you are not sure, use ilambris.
- Julianos/Acuity/Ilambris (if you are starting out and don’t have trial sets yet or gold to buy spell strat you can use this setup since its fully craftable and easy to get for a beginner)
- Grothdarr’s Guise for trash mobs
To start out a fight, you are going to first cast channeled acceleration (immediately swap for trap as soon as you do if you are parsing), drink a potion, proc destro ulti, curse – Blockade – Light Attack – Liquid Lightning (bar swap) and start rotation
The sorc rotation is not exactly proc based, as it is very repetitious. After the intro rotation is complete you basically spam LA and Ele weapon, procing Crystal frags every time it comes up. Once you see your liquid lightning have 2 seconds left you bar swap on the next Ele weapon then LA – blockade – LA -LL (barswap and continue) You want to apply curse as soon as it hits 0 on the time left, this lets the second detonation hit.
For execution phase you keep up LL and Blockade on your back bar and just la weave mage’s wrath until boss is dead.
Rotation extra information
It is absolutely important that when you apply Blockade and Liquid Lightning that blockade is used first, then Liquid Lightning. Blockade has a 8 second cooldown and ll has a 10 second cool down. Meaning by the time that you proc blockade, ll will be ready to be used. On a parsing dummy you want to use traps to keep up minor force, however on any boss fight you want to use Channeled acceleration. Additionally, for parsing you want to use mages light/aegis on your last 2 slots on both bars and have somebody provide guard/ele drain/orbs as this gets optimal DPS.
Stone Atro Parse
Questions and Tips
What Attribute Allocation? 64 into magicka
What Mundus? The Thief
What Food? Citrus Fillet or Witchmothers
What Potions? Spell Power/Spell crit and magicka regen.
What race? Dunmer, Altmer or Breton
Any additional information? Make sure to have all class passives, as well as destro passives, light armor passives, Wind Walker from Medium Armor and Juggernaut from Heavy Armor. Additionally Vampire is not required but it sure helps with the magicka recovery. Also make sure to level undaunted passives and the medicinal use passive.