Daily Crafting Writs Guide By Cici
Crafting is one of the many delights about ESO, and as such the game gives you six opportunities to complete daily writs in return for rewards. Below is a guide to doing these writs at the top level - using the CP150-160 mats. In order to be at this level, you have to have invested skill points into the first passive (at a minimum) of each crafting line until the passive is maxed. You cannot max the passives until you’ve reached level 50 of each crafting line.
Useful Addons: Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter (Does a lot of the legwork for you)
- Requires crafting 3 items (1 1-handed weapon and 2 armor pieces) using rubedite ingots
- The items can be cp150 (would recommend, save your ingots!)
- Potential rewards include a blacksmithing master writ, tempering alloy, blacksmithing surveys, lower level blacksmithing mats, or a glass style motif fragment.
- Requires crafting 3 items (either 3 pieces of light armor - ancestor silk; or 3 pieces of medium armor - rubedo leather)
- Items can be cp150 (again, recommended to save materials)
- Potential rewards include a clothier master writ, dreugh wax, clothier survey, lower level clothing mats, or a glass style motif fragment.
- Requires crafting 3 items using sanded ruby ash
- Items can be crafted at the CP150 level (save the wood!)
- Potential rewards include a woodworking master writ, rosin, a woodworking survey, lower level woodworking mats, or a glass style motif fragment.
- Requires crafting either a potion of health, stamina, or magicka at cp150 (requires Lorkhan’s tears), or a potion of ravage health/magicka/stamina
- Will also require turning in 3 of the same alchemy ingredient
- Recommended to craft these en masse so you save time, make sure you have the chemistry passive maxed!
- Rewards include 3 Alkahest, 3 Lorkhan’s Tears, and three of 2 different reagents (e.g. 3 lady’s smock and 3 corn flower); possibly an alchemy master writ or an alchemist survey
- Tip on the alchemy survey - if you don’t like the reagents that have appeared, you can get out of the field of view and come back and the reagents will have changed.
- Requires crafting a Superb Glyph of stamina, health, or magicka (cp150, white quality, needs the Rejera Potency stone)
- Will require turn in of one runestone as well
- Rewards include empty soul gems, a glyph, and possibly a Kuta, enchanting survey, or an enchanting master writ
- Requires crafting 1 green-quality food that increases either max health, stamina, or magicka, and crafting 1 green-quality drink (alcohol, a tonic, or a tea)
- Recipes are obtainable from NPC chefs and brewers, but will probably be cheaper in guild stores or you can ask around - the recipes often drop in the reward containers and so someone may have one to spare
- Potential rewards include provisioning mats (always some white-quality ones, but sometimes you will receive frost mirriam or bervez juice), a recipe (green through purple quality), and possibly a fragment of the Psijic Ambrosia recipe (requires 7 fragments in total) or a provisioning master writ
Master Writ Guide:
- Improving your chances:
- for equipment master writs, your chances are increased by the number of completed styles you know and the number of traits you have researched. A 9 trait crafter who knows every style in the game will have the highest drop rate chances.
- For provisioning master writs, the more recipes your toon knows, the higher the drop chance is
- For enchanting master writs, the more runes you have translated, the higher the drop chance is - it is relatively cheap to translate every rune in the game except for Hakeijo (prismatic rune)
- For alchemy master writs, having all four effects of a reagent unlocked will increase your chances - again, this is relatively cheap to do for each reagent in the game.
- Turn in:
- Master writs can be turned in in a capital city - Elden Root, Mournhold, or Wayrest
- Voucher rewards include:
- Animus stones - used to make target dummies
- Plans to make humanoid and centurion dummies
- Other gold quality furnishing plans
- Chapters or the full book of the Ebony style
- Blue quality and purple quality furnishing plan envelopes - contains a random furnishing plan (from Homestead to Morrowind) of that quality
- Crafting Stations
- Attunable Crafting Stations